Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Somebody out there give Val Kilmer a real job, Please!


Knight Rider has to be the dumbest show of the new season.  Well, at least the worst one that's being picked up for an entire season.  This is not the only shocking problem, however, as I recently learned the voice of the car was Val Kilmer.  Did he lose a bet or is he desperate for money?  A man responsible for some of my favorite roles in past movies (Doc Holliday in Tombstone, Ice Man from Top Gun, Chris Knight in Real Genius, and Nick Rivers from Top Secret!), has resorted to voicing the car?  I would accept the move if the show were good, but the old series is better than this new one.  The new series is like a bad one hour car ad.  What's worse is I've seen better car ads, hell I've seen better commercials for razor blades!  

To differ with most people ranting on the net, I will provide a solution to this show.  First, bring back Hasselhoff as the driver. Next, think Kung-Fu meets Beautiful Mind.  Knight travels from town to town helping people in need of his expertise.  The twist is only Knight can hear the car when it speaks, leaving the question to the viewer: Is Knight really a special agent driving a living, technological marvel, or is he just a good-natured nut speaking into a broken dashboard light?

However, I was raised to find the positve in everything; therefore, I give you one highlight of this current show...
Deanna Russo





No comments: